Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)Request More Info
Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) manufacturers face intense price pressure at the retail level which is eroding margins. Add global competition and shorter product life cycles, and you’ll see the challenge across the entire FMCG industry.
To stay competitive, FMCG logistics companies are adapting to the new realities of the retail market by reducing costs and improving their ability to predict and respond to changes that customer demand places. The right technology can give your company the agility you need to stay competitive whilst confirming to retailers very high service level requirements.
Whilst some FMCG companies devolve responsibility to 3rd parties, many others choose to operate their (or part of their) own supply chain, with raw material collection, finished goods storage and distribution all key elements.
Cirrus Logistics has been helping FMCG companies to understand and develop their supply chains through our decision support software tools. Typical assignments have included:
- Factory sourcing, to determine how to make best use of multiple manufacturing sites
- Production planning and scheduling
- Complete supply chain design
- Strategic transport planning, including integrated transport operations
- Warehouse design, internal layout and resource planning