Warehouse Layout DesignRequest More Info
The warehouse layout design module within CLASS allows managers to design, test and re-design the layout of their warehouses ahead of commissioning projects and without risk to on-going operations.
Ease-of-use and the speed with which numerous options can be generated and tested, as well as clear, easy-to-understand graphics mean that the design module is an invaluable tool for any warehouse design changes and for 3PLs tendering for new contracts.
The layout can be transformed into a 3D navigable model and brought to life with staff and forklifts moving in time with the defined operations process. Work flows through the warehouse are shown as lines linking different zones of the warehouse, staff can be assigned to different duties to exactly represent the operation you are designing.
Models can be built in varying degrees of complexity – define inbound and outbound vehicle types, put-away and picking rules, or you can simply ask CLASS to use its inbuilt warehouse intelligence to automatically generate the necessary flows for simulation.
Recent users of the warehouse design module have found that CLASS Warehouse Layout Design:
- Significantly reduces warehouse planning time
- Generates efficiencies and savings beyond spreadsheet analysis
- Reduced the risk of design failure by simulating proof of concept in a computer model
- Clarifies and communicates the options through 3-D visuals
- Successfully conveys the case for investment or change in warehouse layout
- Unlocks hidden capacity in existing warehouse
- Preconfigured objects can be selected from a full range of storage types including carton flow racking, drive in racking, double deep, narrow aisle and so on
- Drag and stretch layout objects to draw the interior of the warehouse. Point, click and drag to draw each warehouse object dimension lines, snap to grid and measure tool are available
- 3D image library of MHEs, vehicles, office and other warehouse objects come as standard in order to populate static layout and simulation models or create your own 3D library
- Customise with logos or images of the warehouse and its inventory, vehicles and operators
- CAD interface to import existing drawings