Warehouse SimulationRequest More Info
The warehouse operation simulation module of CLASS allows you to run any number of ‘What if?’ scenarios quickly and easily, different scenarios can be stored and compared.
Our ‘What-if?’ Wizard enables users to create simulations rapidly, testing, learning and re-testing their designs against a range of operating and layout scenarios. Manpower can be adjusted across shift patterns, MHE availability can be varied together with many other warehouse parameters.
The ease-of-use of the technology belies an underlying complexity which means CLASS has the power to reveal hidden operational interdependencies, inefficient resources or the true impact of additional volumes as well as many other issues that defy conventional analysis.
Recent users of the warehouse simulation module have found that CLASS Warehouse Simulation:
- Quantifies the benefits of different strategies, quickly
- Identifies priority opportunities to rationalise resource levels and increase productivity
- Creates substantial time and cost savings
- Generates confidence in management decisions and ‘buy-in’ from investors, directors, customers and the workforce
- Enables managers to determine the best cost versus service balance for their supply chain
- Increases warehouse flexibility and response to volume fluctuations without cost escalation
- Offers a visual dynamism and on-screen clarity that is vital in communicating the issues to the team and the customer
- Animate facility automatically creates simulation flows – inbound and outbound to each storage area
- ‘What-if?’ Wizard simplifies the tuning of the operation and makes changes to the model quick and simple
- Simulation data can be imported from files created by your WMS or developed from product profiles and order types, defining actual pick journeys and true vehicle load sizes based on historic data. Simulation data on numbers of vehicles, arrival times etc. can be edited via dialogues associated with each flow, or via the data editor
- Toggle between 3D and 2D drawings to find the best visualisation
- Record Fly-through Movies in 2D or 3D and share as runtime models with colleagues or customers, great for communicating ideas once built, the model can be run in QuickTime to represent a whole week and thereby collect performance data for analysis